Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Review - 4 Stars - Shattered & Scarred (The Sacred Hearts MC #1) by A.J. Downey


Book: Shattered & Scarred (The Sacred Hearts MC #1)
Author: A.J. Downey
Publication Date: 6/10/2014
Reviewed by:  Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 4 Stars


REVIEW

*May contain spoilers *

New to me author.

This is my first time reading anything by this author. With that being said let me, get on with the review.
1. I felt the story line was good although a little choppy in areas.
2. I really liked the dynamics between Ashton and Trigger-Ethan
3. I personally having lived with abuse would have loved to rip the throat out of Ashtons ex-husband Chadwick who yes demands to be called Chadwick.
4. Ashton talked a lot about her past and upbringing but we were not given a whole lot of back-story on Ethan.

The story flowed well although it was choppy in some areas. The book would have earned 5 stars from me had it been properly edited and gone over by a proofreader. Many words were misspelled or just missing. Now with that being said it is a first in a series and could very well be a first book for the author at the time of it's writing. So it gets a rating I feel comfortable with. I hope to read the other books now available in this series.
Would I recommend it? Yes, if you like biker books and you do not cringe at abuse.

I was gifted this book some time back for an honest review.


Goodreads Book Link

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22454741-shattered-scarred

Post a Comment

0 Comments