Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Author Spotlight Page - Author Nicole Garcia

Author Spotlight Page - Nicole Garcia

Noelle's Wish ( A Christmas Tale) 

Author Nicole Garcia 
Pub Date: 12/16/2013

Excerpt : 
Noelle Andrews has had an abusive past and another bittersweet Christmas is here. Noelle’s wish is a simple one. To be loved. To Noelle that wish is as unattainable as the stars in the cold winter sky. 

Roman Parker is young, sexy, and an entrepreneur. The CEO of Parker Industries is a man who thought he had everything he wanted. That was until he met Noelle. 

Can Roman make Noelle’s dreams come true? Or will her past prevent her from having the only thing she has ever wished for?

Noelle's Wish 
Free on Amazon 




Cupid's Heart - A Roman God Romance
$1.99
Excerpt: 

Cupid sat on a cloud looking down on Valentina Hart. He had been watching her for a few years now. He was in love from the first time he laid eyes on her sitting on a park bench. Her long red hair sweeping across her face as the warm summer breeze blew. He knew then she was meant for him. The only problem was that, he was a God and she was a human. The two of them could never be together. 
This wasn’t a law amongst the Gods, it was Cupid’s choice and the number one rule in his book. It was a rule that could never be broken. Humans were frail, mortal, and being in love with one caused too many problematic situations. Sure he could just shoot her with a golden arrow and she would love him. But after his last disastrous mistake for which he never forgave himself, he thought he deserved to be alone for the rest of eternity. 

What happens when the God of Love has lost the will to create romance? Can Valentina give Cupid what he needs to mend his broken heart? 

Warning: Explicit and graphic sex. For adults only 18+





Author  Bio


Happily married and mother of four. We have two daughters and two sons. Both my sons have special needs since they are Autistic. I have a degree in Nursing, but have been a stay at home mom for the past 8 years. I have a few hobbies such as gardening and rescuing exotic pets. We have so many I could probably charge admission to our small petting zoo. But I have to say my absolute passion is reading. So after spending so much time at home, I decided to make a career out of sharing my love for books.

Writing and promoting has become a full time job for me now. There are so many unknown authors out there that deserve to have their books read by many. So after promoting for authors for two years, I decided to follow my dreams and start writing my own books. I started writing poetry when I was just a little girl and have always loved the feeling it gave me. Currently I am working on a New Adult Contemporary Romance, but later I plan to write other genres. Hope you will join me in all the fun ahead.




AUTHOR LINKS:

Authors Goodreads Page 
Authors Facebook Page
Authors Street Team 
Authors Website


BOOKS IN THE WORKS :






























Questions I asked the Author !!!


1. When did you first start writing?
I have been writing poetry since I was a teenager, but I recently started to write romance books last year.

2. Did you always know you wanted to write?
Actually no. Even though I loved writing poetry, what I really wanted to be ever since I was a kid was an accountant. I know, what child wants to be an accountant when they grow up. I love Math, I always have. I even received Math awards as a child all the way through high school. But, sometimes your life takes an unexpected turn and changes your entire life. I have to say writing and bringing happiness to others is the biggest fulfillment in my life besides my husband and children.

3. Who are some of your biggest Influences?


I have many authors who inspire me. Two very important authors are Tina Folsom and Claudy Conn.If it weren’t for Tina my love for reading would have never been rekindled. Her books fed that fire I had always had growing up, but had lost for over 10 years. Tina is one author I can always depend on for an absolutely fantastic book. No matter what the genre or content.Claudy Conn, what can I say about Claudy? Where do I start, she is an amazing writer and brings me to a magical place with every book she writes. She is not only a phenomenal writer, she is also a wonderful friend and will always have a special place in my heart. She is always there to support me in my writing and in anything I do.

4. Who are some of your favorite authors?

I have many favorite authors, most of which are good friends.
Claudy Conn
Tina Folsom
Candice Stauffer
CL Pardington
Krystal Shannan
Melanie James
Kerrianne Coombes
Virginia McKevitt
Tara Rose
Deborah Gafford
Sherrilyn Keyon
Laurann Dohner

5. Whats in the works for you next ? and when will it be released?


I have starts and outlines for many books. First, will be a military novella called Saving Private Blue, which I am releasing in the end of June. Next, will be Taming Lacey, which is a country themed book. This will be my first full novel. Then I have my Roman God Romance series to fit it between all the other books I will be writing. I have a whole board full of ideas for books already waiting to be written.

6. 
 Do you have a street team? Is it open for new members?

Yes, I absolutely do. The best team an author could have. My team is called Nicole’s Naughty Nymphs and Satyrs

 What’s the URL to join?


7. Is there anything in particular you do in preparation for writing?



Yes, I usually get the cover picked out first. It is much easier to describe characters if I have a cover done. I am very anal about the descriptions of characters matching the cover of the book. So, before I even start writing I need to the perfect picture for the cover. Next, I jot down main ideas, scenes, and how I would like the book to end. Lastly, I get started writing the actual first draft of the book. I NEVER sit at the computer for that. I absolutely hate it. I either write in my notebook, albeit a very messy notebook, or my Kindle. Since I have four children, two of whom are Autistic, I get very little “quiet time” to sit and write. I make sure to carry a small notepad in my purse wherever I go, just in case any ideas pop into my head that I need to write down.

8. Do you have any advice for anyone struggling to become a writer?



Never quit!! There are plenty of times when you will feel like just giving up. If writing is what you love to do and you want to make a career out of it, then give it your 100% Also, have a small group of writer friends that you can go to for advice. I can’t tell you how much I have learned from speaking to other more experienced writers. Build a small support group of friends to help you along the way. There will be times when stress gets the best of you. They will be able to encourage you and keep you on track. They should be there to remind you writing is what you love and will be worth it in the end. Research, research, research. Read books on how to plot and build your story ideas, take web seminars if you have to. Learn everything you can that will make you a better writer. 


9. Do you have an Author Page?

Yes, I do.

What is the URL?
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorNicoleGarcia
10. What part of the world do you reside in?

I live in Brooklyn, New York, United States

Add anything extra you would like others to know about you :)
Your Favorite Song?

I love all music. I listen to music all day every day. Most of the time I listen to music while I write.

Your Favorite Food?

I cannot go one day without chocolate. Whether it be a cookie, or cake, or a candy bar. I have to have some sort of chocolate every day.  Second favorite food is pizza. I could eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Your Favorite Book?

I love reading, and really have no one favorite book. I have many favorites I could read over and over. But, I have to say Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews is a special book to me. It was my real “adult” book I read as a teenager.

Your Favorite Movie?

Wow, I have a lot of favorite movies. There a few kinds of movies I absolutely love. Horror movies like Halloween and Friday the 13th (Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddy is my favorite, he’s just funny to me) Super Hero movies like Spiderman, Superman, The Avengers, and X-Men.  Based on actual people movies like Ray and What’s Love Got to Do with It (I love listening to the music in these kind of movies) But, then there are movies that I never get tired of watching like The Color Purple, Misery, The Godfather movies, Scarface, and Thor. Well, who would get tired of watching Thor. Can you blame me?



Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Awesome interview!! Nicoles a wonderful author and I am looking forward to more of her work!! Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific interview Tammy and I just love Nicole Garcia and looking forward to all the books that will be coming out.

    ReplyDelete