Brought to you by
1.Tell us about your current project.
Which one? I have one book I'm writing, one I'm co-writing, one I'm plotting, and one I'm editing. Best part? Each one is a completely different genre! Fun with character juggling! That's how a werewolf accidentally ends up in a dystopian romantic-comedy. LOL! Oh! I am also planning the Once Upon a Book Author Signing in Frankenmuth, MI on August 11th and 12th of 2017!
2. What sparked the idea for this project?
Two were sparked by dreams, one is a continuation of a series very dear to my heart, and the other is a light-hearted fun read! Inspiration can come from anywhere! As for the book event, the idea for that came from attending author signings in other states and wanting to bring that same excitement for reading to my home state!
2a: When can we expect to see this project?
All but one will definitely be released in 2017, one I may have my agent pitch if she's open to it!
Again, OUAB is August 11th and 12th, learn more about that at http://www.onceuponabookauthorsigning.com/
3. How do you choose your book covers?
Many of my chapters and covers are based on specific scenes I envision in my mind. I get these pictures in my head, and--thankfully--have found cover artists that can pluck them from my mind and bring them to life.
4. Music seems to influence a lot of authors, what are your musical influences, if any?
It really depends on the scene I am writing. I don't go by genre, but by what song most accurately portrays the mood that I need in that moment. Then I listen to it over and over and over again until I can capture the essence of that feeling.
5. How do you handle "writers block"?
Just keep writing, even if it's complete crap that I have to rewrite later I push through. It gets me to areas that go much more smoothly, then i can go back and tweak it later when I have the full spectrum of the finished product to inspire me.
6. Who has been your greatest influence?
My children, everything I do is for them.
7. Do you or have you ever had a muse?
Absolutely, and she's fickled little minx. She may talk to me and whisper all sorts of huge ideas, but the second I sit in front of my laptop she enjoys clamming right up.
8. What one subject is TABOO in your writing?
Children being hurt, it happens too much in our world as is.
9. What do you do when you aren't writing?
I think about writing. LOL! I also spend time with my family, read, travel, and shop!
10. If there was one book you wish you'd written, which would it be?
That's hard! There are so many! I would say the House of Nights Books by P.C. Cast. Her writing is so clever and fast-paced, I just love it.
11. What is your greatest passion?
My children and doing right by them.
12. What one word best describes you?
13. If you could change places with one of your characters, would you?
Which one and why?
Probably Celeste Garrett--she's a butt-kicking chick and has two dreamy hunks fighting over her. It's good to be The Conduit.
14. Is there one, current, tv show that is "can't miss" for you?
Once Upon a Time--hands down
15. Money is no object, where do you go?
16. Tell me, please, the first two books on your TBR list.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo--no, I haven't read it yet! Still need to!
Currently reading The Witches of BlackBrook by Tish Thawer
17. How do you choose character names?
Ask them what their names are. ;-)
17a: Are you any of your characters inspired by someone you know in "real life?"
I steal traits from different people and mesh them together into my own Frankenstein's monster creations!
18. Tell us one thing we may not know about you.
I have an addiction to refinishing and repurposing old furniture.
19. What do you want to be when you grow up?
20. Of the 7 Deadly Sins, which one have you committed most recently.
We just made Christmas candy at our house, so definitely gluttony. SO MUCH CANDY!