Brought to you by
Brought to you by
1. Tell us about your current project.
I’m currently working on a story titled Sweet Venom: A Venin Assassin Novel.
2. What sparked the idea for this project?
I came up with this plot/idea about four years ago. I thought it would be cool to create a brand new paranormal species that held some of the attributes of a vampire, i.e. -- longevity of life, preternatural strength, and fangs—while at the same time spicing it up a bit. I added the ‘spice’ by making the main species in my story predominantly female, poisonous, with the added attributes of venomous creatures that you can you find in everyday life.
2a: When can we expect to see this project?
Sweet Venom releases December 22, 2016.
3. How do you choose your book covers?
First, I choose my cover artist. Then I unload all my cover ideas onto said artist. Sometimes I’ll even supply a couple of sample covers of books with the same feel/style and genre. For Sweet Venom’s cover I wanted Urban Fantasy with a bad ass superheroine feel.
4. Music seems to influence a lot of authors, what are your musical influences, if any?
I write in complete silence.
5. How do you handle "writers block"?
Whenever I hit a wall in writing I usually plot out the next few chapters. Works like a charm.
6. Who has been your greatest influence?
Laurell K. Hamilton
7. Do you or have you ever had a muse?
My husband is my muse.
8. What one subject is TABOO in your writing?
I haven’t pushed myself far enough to find that out yet. J
9. What do you do when you aren't writing?
Facebook is my biggest distraction while writing.
10. If there was one book you wish you'd written, which would it be?
Acheron by Sherilynn Kenyon
11. What is your greatest passion?
Writing <3 b="">3>
12. What one word best describes you?
13. If you could change places with one of your characters, would you?
Which one and why?
Sonnet Vale is the character I most relate to.
14. Is there one current tv show that is "can't miss" for you?
It used to be True Blood L now its Shameless.
15. Money is no object, where do you go?
16. Tell me, please, the first two books on your TBR list.
Affliction & Dead Ice by Laurell K. Hamilton
17. How do you choose character names?
Believe it or not, they just come to me as I write. I have had to change a couple after the fact. When that happens, I go through baby name websites or my Celtic names book.
17a: Are you any of your characters inspired by someone you know in "real life?"
18. Tell us one thing we may not know about you.
I only write a couple hours a day. I’m a very slow writer.
19. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I could get creative and say a majestic unicorn with the special ability to turn anything my horn touches into chocolate covered marshmallows—but my final answer is an author. J
20. Of the 7 Deadly Sins, which one have you committed most recently?
Hands down, I’m going with Sloth. I recently had surgery & have pretty much been in bed for two weeks. I’m starting to feel a lot better though. J