Brought to you by
1.Tell us about your current project.
My current project is the ninth book in the Awakening Pride series Cry of the Pride. This one is going back to the style of Waking the Beast and will introduce a new group of characters.
2. What sparked the idea for this project?
It’s an ongoing series with over twenty books already planned and others popping up as I write.
2a: When can we expect to see this project?
This one should be out the beginning of 2017
3. How do you choose your book covers?
I have brilliant cover artists that I work with. Those Girls Designs does all my self-pub covers as well as some of my stuff published through Resplendence Publishing. RP provides top notch cover artists to see to our books. I’ve yet to be disappointed by a final cover.
4. Music seems to influence a lot of authors, what are your musical influences, if any?
My music tastes are eclectic. With three teens with vastly differing musical tastes, I listen to everything. Mostly my choices while writing depend on mood and tone of the scene/chapter I’m working on.
5. How do you handle "writers block"?
I bounce over to another project. I usually have several going at one time. Or I take a break and do something else; watch television, read, or play World of Warcraft.
6. Who has been your greatest influence?
This is a tough question. I have several strong female role models. My mother and grandmother, who are no longer physically with me but remain steadfast in my mind and conscious. My father is my biggest male influence. Family means everything to me, and I include close friends as family.
7. Do you or have you ever had a muse?
I do have a muse. She is constantly shouting new ideas to me although at present I have more books planned than I can ever conceivably write! I adore her and am grateful to have such a vibrant muse.
8. What one subject is TABOO in your writing?
Incest, which is wild considering I grew up reading VC Andrews.
9. What do you do when you aren't writing?
I work full time outside of writing. I have three amazing children, two cats, and recently lost my bull dog. I love to walk with friends. I’m an avid reader (Lori Foster is an auto-buy author for me). I love to watch movies. I’m a diehard action fan. I’m hooked on Supernatural, Arrow, The Flash, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Voice, Blindspot, and Hawaii Five-O.
10. If there was one book you wish you'd written, which would it be?
I’m actually very happy with the books I’ve written. There are books from other authors that I love and enjoy reading over and over again. If I had written them, I’m not sure I could enjoy them at the same level as I tend to be more critical of myself.
11. What is your greatest passion?
12. What one word best describes you?
13. If you could change places with one of your characters, would you?
Which one and why?
This is a tough question. There are several heroines I’ve written that I’d love to be them for a day or seven, lol. First ones to come to mind are Abby from Waking the Beast, because who wouldn’t want to be Tah’s mate, and Amia from Tempting the Tiger, because Reno!
14. Is there one, current, tv show that is "can't miss" for you?
I DVR several shows: The Walking Dead, Supernatural, The Voice, Blindspot, Hawaii Five-O, Arrow, and The Flash.
15. Money is no object, where do you go?
Where do I not go? The world would be my playground!
16. Tell me, please, the first two books on your TBR list.
All In by Susan Hayes
Perfect Stroke by Jordan Marie
17. How do you choose character names?
Whatever the character tells me. I argue sometimes if I’ve just written another story with a similar name.
17a: Are you any of your characters inspired by someone you know in "real life?"
18. Tell us one thing we may not know about you.
I worked in the public school system as a Paraprofessional, a job I greatly loved.
19. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be me, a little older, maybe a bit wiser, but just as crazy and fun loving as I am now.
20. Of the 7 Deadly Sins, which one have you committed most recently?
I’m going to go with gluttony. I’m gluttonous when it comes to my guilty pleasure, such as reading and playing World of Warcraft.