Brought to you by
Debby P. and Book Nook Nuts
1. Where do you write from?
The confines of my home office or on a clear Seattle day, my gorgeous outside deck.
2. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
A dream I had. It was so clear I had to write it down.
3. How long does it take you to write a book?
Novelettes I can knock out in 1-2 weeks. My novels I am still editing so the first one I did a rough draft in 30 days, now 7 years later…..I’m still editing it.
4. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Dreams, other books I read spark ideas, life – you name it!
5. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
At my previous home in Arizona and I was 41.
6. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Fish, read, play with my dogs.
7. What Genre do you write?
Erotica, mostly paranormal (I love Vampires) but some are non-paranormal.
8. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
10 total. So far my favorite is book 4 of The Sebastian Chronicles – Prohibition Inhibitions. I’m writing a spin off novel on a character from this book as well.
9. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Not really, I’m still a new writer so I live for the reviews. I read every one of them!
10. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Be a mom, now my sons are all grown up and out of the house so I’m following my passion and writing full time.
11. Tell us about your current project.
Right now I am editing book 1 of The Elders Trilogy – The Awakening. Hopefully if my publisher loves it, it will release in 2017. I am also writing 4 more novelettes and 4 other novels. I’m a little hyper….
12. How do you handle writers block?
I clean or cook. Then ideas come to me.
13. What one subject is TABOO in your writing?
Rape, I will only insinuate it – never EVER will you read a full blown rape scene in one of my books.
14. If there was one book you wish you'd written, which would it be?
All of the Harry Potter series. JK Rowling is a genius!
15. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Writers who commit to series but never finish them.
16. Is there one current tv show that is a "can't miss" for you?
Lucifer, Blindspot and The Originals. I record them all just in case.
17. Who was your greatest influence?
My husband, soulmate and cabana boy. He is my #1 fan and backs me 100%.
18. How do you choose your book covers?
My publisher has a website I use, then I send several pics to the illustrious Rue Volley and she works her magic. It’s like she’s inside my head.
19. Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
Hmmm, I’m an open book so that’s a tough one. I’ve been rescuing animals since I was 6 and if I had my way I would live on a farm with 100’s of pets.
20. How would a reader find you online? IE: Website, Facebook, Twitter, Street Team, Reader Group.
TL Travis is the author of The Sebastian Chronicles along with numerous other erotic novelettes (and many more in the works), The Elders Trilogy - an erotic paranormal (Vampire) romance novel series and many non-fiction articles.
In her spare time she likes to fish, enjoy all the Pacific Northwest has to offer, spin spicy erotic webs for readers to enjoy, and rescue any 4 legged lost souls she comes across. Since her children are grown and have flown the coop, she’s taken to spoiling her two deaf white boxers even more so than they were before.
To view TL Travis literary and photography works please visit her website at www.tltravis.com
TL Travis can also be followed on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/tltravisauthor
Or via twitter at http://www.twitter.com/tltravis1
And as always please remember – adopt a pet, don’t shop. Saving that life might just save yours.